When not in use the Series 0601 rail shelter is manually retracted up against the wall of the building allowing the shelter to be protected from moving railcars and wind.
The Series 0601 creates a tight seal that blocks out foul weather, insects, dust and dirt, while saving money on energy costs. A large selection of tough abrasion resistant fabrics makes this unit an excellent long lasting investment. Rail shelters help productivity by increasing safety, protecting personnel, products and equipment.
Product Specification Details:
- Series 0601 three sided unit standard dimensions for door openings up to 10”W x 10’H are 11’W x 11’H back sloped to 10’6” front (O.D.) x 48” projection with 12” drop head curtain. Rail Shelter projection determined by measuring from inside first rail to building wall less 24”(2’).
- Designed to suit a large variety of oversized door openings heights, widths and/or dock projections.
- Mounting backboard frame to be constructed of top grade pressure treated wood. All steel components to be galvanized to resist corrosion.
- Unit to extend forward automatically on independent spring loaded galvanized steel scissor arms when released from building wall and shall maintain a constant pressure against the railcar. Unit is retracted manually by means of 2 pull chains.
- Fabric covered dense polyfoam vertical and head pads shall be provided at the leading edge of the shelter mounted in a formed galvanized steel channel for extra strength and rigidity.
- The vertical and head pad shall be constructed to give a weather tight seal against the railcar. Double stitched, high strength twisted 4 ply 100% polyester bonded thread U.V. treated used for sewing throughout.
- Unit shall be furnished with all necessary mounting hardware, galvanized to resist corrosion.
Super-Seal offers a large selection of cover fabrics including our exclusive SS-90 High performance vinyl. Please contact us directly to receive our Material Selection Guide and/or receive one on one consultation for all your rail dock seal and shelter needs 1-800-337-3239 or via email at [email protected].